LIVE POKER ROOM
You’ll find some of the biggest bets, bluffs, and pots in the Hollywood Casino poker room. Our poker tables have USB outlets at every seat, so you can charge you device while you play, as well as free Wi-Fi.
For your convenience, you may call ahead to be placed on the waiting list up to one hour before you arrive every day. For call-ahead seating or any other questions, please call us at 913-288-9315.
Featured poker Games
$4-8 Limit Hold'em with Full Kill
$4-$8 Limit Hold’Em
$1-3 NL Hold’Em
$2-$5 NL Hold’em with Rock*
$20-40 Limit Hold'em
$4-8 Omaha H/L with Half-Kill
- • English is the only language permitted to be used at the poker table at any time.
- • Only players who are at the poker table are permitted to place wagers at the game. Once a player has placed a wager and received cards, the player must remain at the table until the completion of the round of play or until forfeiting their hand.
- All live games follow the rules of Table Stakes:
- • No short buys are permitted.
- • A player may only add to their chips between rounds of play and may not remove any of their chips from the poker table at any time during ongoing play (except for food and/or drinks).
- • A player cannot use chips out of their pocket after a hand has started.
- • A player may not add chips if it would exceed the maximum buy-in.
- • Once a player has left the game for minimum of one hour, they become a new player and the min/max buy-in rules for the table apply. Min/max buy-ins are posted at each table.
- Dead hands:
- • At the showdown, a hand is killed by being brought into the muck pile by the dealer in a way that makes them unidentifiable, being mixed with other down cards or by being retrieved by another player.
- • Players must always protect their hands, including at showdown while waiting for the hand to be read.
- • A player who leaves the table without comment and has an unprotected hand is assumed to be folding if anyone bets.
- • A player who is not at the table for showdown and has left their hand unprotected is assumed to have no interest in the pot, and the hand may be mucked.
- • Players must be at their seat when the last card hits the button. “At your seat” means in arms reach of your chair.
- • A player who depletes their funds on the poker table prior to the completion of the round of play will be deemed to be “all-in”. An “all-in” player will retain financial interest in the outcome of the round of play but will only be eligible to win the amount of the pot to which they contributed and continue to receive any cards to which they would normally be entitled. Betting will continue unimpeded among the other players by generating a separate secondary pot(s), which only those players will be eligible to win.
- • A player with no chips, who request a hand and looks at it without specifying the amount being played, must play exactly the amount of the minimum buy-in for that hand.
- • Any action out of turn, whether verbal or physical, will be binding in turn unless a skipped player subsequently changes the action, or unless the player acting out of turn was misled into believing it was their turn to act by the dealer or another player.
- • A player who announces a bet or raise of a certain amount but places a different amount of chips in the pot will be required to correct their bet or raise to the announced amount.
- • A player has the right to assemble chips in front of them before acting, a player will be considered to have placed a bet if the player:
- • Pushes assembled chips forward over the line on the table.
- • Pushes chips forward to indicate the intent of placing a bet.
- • Releases chips into the pot, releases chips at a sufficient distance from the player and towards the pot to make it obvious that it is intended as a bet.
- • Players who come across the line with chips in their hand before stating raise will only be allowed to bet what is in their hand. Players must state the amount of the raise or come across the line with the entire amount of the raise.
- • String bets will not be permitted; a player will not be permitted to make a bet and thereafter attempt to increase the amount of that bet.
- • If the player wishes to add additional chips to the bet, the player must indicate raise at the time the bet is being made that the bet is not yet complete. Ex. Announce “raise” prior to matching the initial bet.
- • The use of any tobacco product (including chewing tobacco) and/or electronic cigarette is strictly prohibited.
- • Winners of all prizes are solely responsible for payment of all applicable local, state, and federal taxes to the required agency.
- • Participants must be a MyChoice Players Club Member, actively playing on Bad Beat eligible games in the poker room to qualify for promotions and be present at the end of the qualification period to claim a prize.
- • Disruptive and/or abusive behavior will not be tolerated and may result in revocation of right to play.
- • Unless otherwise provided by specific tournament rules, these House Rules shall apply to all tournaments. In the event of a conflict between these House Rules and specific tournament rules, the tournament rules shall control.
- • Participants must be age 21 or older and be able to present a valid government or state issued ID upon request at time of registration.
- • Participants must be a member of mychoice® (MC) players club and be in good standing with Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway (HCKS). Individuals who are excluded from casino facilities, either through a government program or by their own request, are not eligible.
- • Participants must register in person on the day of the tournament.
- • Registration for all tournaments begins at 8:00am on the day of the tournament unless otherwise noted.
- • Registration for all tournaments will be limited by available tables and staffing.
- • Players may buy-in to tournaments with cash or value cheques.
- • Late registration and re-entry will be accepted until the end of the registration period (which is determined by that event’s blind structure.) If no seat is available at the time of registration, players will be placed on a list of “alternates” and will be guaranteed a seat once available.
- • All players will receive a full starting stack at time of entry.
- • Alternates, re-entries, and late entries will be seated in the order of registration and will have their stack put into play once a seat is available.
- • Players may forfeit their current chip stack during the registration period and be eligible to re-enter the tournament. The chips of a forfeited stack will be removed from play.
- • Chip forfeiture is not permitted in tournaments designated as “Bounty Tournaments.”
- • All winnings will be paid by value cheques.
- • Once the players are officially “in the money” players may make deals and alter Payout Table if all remaining players come to a unanimous agreement (this is known as a “chop”). If a “chop” arrangement is made, the tournament will end immediately, and all prize money will be distributed as per the players’ agreement.
- • Official finishing position will be determined by chip count at the time of chop.
- • Players who lose all their tournament chips shall be considered no longer part of the tournament and must leave the tournament area.
- • Starting location of button for all tables will be determined on one table by drawing high card.
- • Re-draw for button will take place prior to start of the final table.
- • Tables will play “hand for hand” if multiple tables are in still in play and the next player eliminated would result in the remaining players being in the money. The clock will continue to run during hand-for-hand.
- • When 10 or fewer players remain, they will re-draw for seating position on the final table.
- • The tournament clock will not be paused, except when consolidating players to the final table OR at management’s discretion; time taken for floor calls and balancing tables is included in blind levels.
- • For tournament payouts when multiple players are eliminated at the completion of a hand, the following rules will apply:
- • With one table remaining, if two or more players are eliminated at the completion of a hand, the awarding of prize money will be based on the players’ stack size at the start of the hand. If both players have the same starting stack, they will split the prize payouts as evenly as possible.
- • When two or more tables remain, if two or more players are eliminated on the same hand at the same table, they will split the prize money as in rule 12a. If two or more are eliminated on separate tables, they will split the prize payouts as evenly as possible regardless of their starting chip stacks on that hand.
- • Winners of all prizes are responsible for payment of all applicable state and federal taxes to the required agency.
- • Under all circumstances the decision of HCKS Poker Management is final.
- • In order to qualify for the Bad Beat jackpot, both the winning hand and the losing hand must have Four of a Kind (or better). Both the winning hand and the losing hand must use both of their hole cards to qualify. To qualify with a Four of a Kind, the player’s hand must contain a pocket pair.
- • A minimum of four players must be dealt in the hand in order for the hand to qualify for the Bad Beat Jackpot, only players who are dealt in the hand which the bad beat hits is eligible.
- • Designated Hold’em games will participate in the Bad Beat. The Jackpot will be funded from each pot reaching a minimum of $20. When the pot reaches $20.00, $1.00 is placed in the Bad Beat box.
- • A minimum of $20.00 (including pot money and rake) must be in the pot in order for the hand to qualify for the Bad Beat Jackpot.
- • Should there be a deviation (e.g., a misdeal, a missing card, two cards of the same rank and suit, extra cards, suspected cheating, etc.) the Jackpot may be declared null and void by Poker Manager or Poker Supervisor.
- • Distribution of the Bad Beat Jackpot will be as follows:
- • 50% (or equal portions of 50% if more than one person is holding a qualifying Bad Beat hand) of the Bad Beat Jackpot total for the game in which the Bad Beat occurred will be given to the holder(s) of the losing Bad Beat hand(s).
- • 25% (or equal portions of 25% if more than one person is holding the winning hand) of the Bad Beat Jackpot total in which the Bad Beat occurred will be given to the holder(s) of the winning hand.
- • The remaining 25% of the Bad Beat Jackpot for the game in which the Bad Beat occurred will be split among the remaining players that were dealt in that hand.
- • All payouts will be rounded up to the nearest dollar, adjusting the remaining jackpot balance accordingly.
- • After the Primary Jackpot has been paid, the Bad Beat Jackpot will reset to the new jackpot amount.
- • Participants must be at least 21 years of age.
- • If the Jackpot prizes reach the appropriate thresholds, players will be subjected to federal guidelines for 1099 or 1042-S reporting.
- • Any dispute or situation not covered by the official rules will be resolved by the Hollywood Casino Kansas Speedway poker management in a manner deemed by them to be the fairest to all concerned, and that decision shall be final and binding on all participants. In addition, the Hollywood Casino Kansas Speedway management may void any entry, and/or change, cancel or modify this promotion at any time with KRGC approval.
Weekly Tournaments Starting April 25
Monday: No Limit Hold'em @11:15am $100 Entry
Tuesday: No Limit Hold'em @11:15am $100 Entry
Tuesday: No Limit Hold'em Green Chip Bounty @7:15pm $100 Entry
Thursday: No Limit Hold'em @11:15am $100 Entry
Thursday: No Limit Hold'em Green Chip Bounty @7:15pm $100 Entry
Sunday: No Limit Hold'em Deep Stack @ 11:15am $+150 Entry
Players can earn extra chips for the daily tournaments by playing Live Action poker games prior to the tournament, players must register for the tournament before they can start earning the extra chips, also players who sign up for the tournament at least one hour before the start of the tournament will get additional tournament chips. Please see the poker room for full details.